Easy Quick No Bake Whoopie Pies
If your anything like me you love desserts but rarely have time to cook, so I look for great ways to create yummy tasting sweet desserts that are quick and easy.
Whoopie pies have always been one of my favorites but they are time consuming to make so I have found a way to make them easy to make and still will satisfy your taste buds.
I am also a chocoholic so after a long day at work I am looking for something satisfying and chocolate but quick and easy too.
This is my variation of whoopie pies. So quick to make from start to finish only 15 minutes.
Whoopie Pie Recipe
You can't ask for a simpler recipe with only 4 ingredients in these delicious whoopie pies.
- 1/2 of an 8-ounce package reduced-fat cream cheese (Neufchatel), softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 of a 7-ounce jar marshmallow creme
- 12 soft chocolate cookies or your favorite soft cookies
I tend to use Pepperridge Farm soft baked chocolate cookies. Yes they are a bit more expensive but they are worth it for the end result. You may have to buy 2 bags instead of 1 because there are not that many in the package. If you don't want to spend the extra on Pepperidge Farm cookies and soft cookie will do.
- The filling, in a medium bowl beat cream cheese and butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed until fluffy and smooth, then fold in the marshmallow creme.
- Spread filling on bottoms of half of the cookies. Top with the remaining cookies, bottom sides down. For firmer filling, wrap and chill about 2 hours before serving.
Whoopie Pie Variation
There are so many variations for this recipe and depends on your taste and what your in the mood for, or you can mix them up for parties as a quick easy dessert.
For peanut butter whoopie pies, prepare as directed, substituting 1/4 cup creamy or chunky peanut butter in place of the butter and use soft peanut butter or sugar cookies to replace the chocolate cookies.
Sometimes I add berries to the cream filling. Strawberries, blackberries, and raspberries are my favorite and good with which ever flavor you decide to make.
I also like to add mini chocolate chips or butterscotch chips to the filling. This gives the whoopie pie a little extra crunch and is bound to satisfy your sweet tooth.
If you have a quick easy dessert you like to make, please let me know in the comments.