Easy Recipe for College Dinners
When I first moved into my apartment, I thought I was going to cook big meals all the time. Little did I know, cooking isn't always as easy as it looks. It also can be time consuming, which can be a problem for a college student constantly on the move. This is an easy recipe I found for tilapia, and the pasta and veggies are cooked in minutes!
Parmesan Crusted Tilapia
2 pieces of tilapia
1/4 cub of bread crumbs
1/4 cup of parmesan cheese (grated)
Salt & Pepper
1 Tablespoon of Italian Seasoning
- So I start out by preheating the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. While the oven is preheating, I get the pan out that you're going to place the tilapia on (I use a glass pan that is 5x7), and two large plates.
- On the first plate, I put a thin layer of olive oil. The next plate has all the ingredients from above mixed together. Honestly, now I don't even measure out the ingredients, I just eyeball it. For ingredients like the garlic powder and the cajun seasoning, you can put as much as you want depending on how spicy you want them or how much you like garlic flavoring.
- Once you have the ingredients on the plates, you can season the fish. I place the fish in the olive oil and coat both sides, then put the fish in the seasoning and coat both sides, then into the pan you're going to bake the fish in.
- One the oven is preheated, you can put the fish in the oven and cook for 20-25 minutes. Make sure that the fish is white on the inside, that's how you know it's cooked all the way.
- This recipe is great because it's very easy, and you can get some homework done while you're waiting for the fish to cook in the oven!
This is the pasta that I use to make with the fish. It's so easy and very quick! The only ingredients you need are milk, butter, and water. The back of the box tells you all the instructions, but it only takes 4-5 minutes. They have plenty of other flavors that you can buy too, this one is just my favorite!
Steamfresh is my favorite brand of microwavable veggies, but you can use any brand you like. They're great because all you have to do is stick them in the microwave for 5 minutes and they're done. It's a great way for college students to get in their serving of veggies without taking too much time!
This meal is so easy for college students! The longest part is just waiting for the fish to bake in the oven. This is a hit with my roommate and our friends who have come over for dinner. It's a great way to impress people, without putting in too much effort!