Easy to Make Recipe: A Different Kind of Taco
A Different Kind of Taco
Are you constantly on the hunt for those easy to make recipes that take very little time or money? Are you tired of making the same thing for dinner?
My family grew tired of the box meals many, many years ago. When I began throwing things together and testing them out on the family for the official stamp of approval, I found that I was able to make different recipes using some of the same ingredients I already use. They never seemed to mind. Luckily, I've always been successful in my little mixtures.
This taco recipe came together completely by chance. I wanted a different kind of taco but didn't want to give up the basics. I began pulling things out of the cabinet and adding them to the beef I had browned instead of taco seasoning.
This is what I came up with and I hope you'll enjoy it.
Without further adieu ...
This is for those of you looking for an easy to make recipe for tacos but you are tired of the traditional beef and cheese like we were.
- 1 Pound Hamburger or Turkey Meat
- 1 Can Whole Corn
- 1 Can Black Beans
- 1 Can Rotel Tomatoes
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Onions, Optional
- 1 Bag Mozzarella Cheese, Optional
- 1 Package Corn or Flour Tortillas
- Brown the meat and drain excess grease.
- Add the can of corn.
- Add the can of black beans.
- Add the can of Rotel Tomatoes.
- Add onions if desired.
- Simmer for ten minutes on medium heat.
- Fill tortillas with meat mixture.
- Top with cheese if desired.
- Roll the tortilla like a breakfast burrito. (The picture shows the taco as open so you are able to see the final result of the meat mixture.)
Did You Like This Recipe?
Easy to Make Flour Tortillas from Scratch
- How to Make Flour Tortillas from Scratch
Easy to make, homemade flour tortillas just like mama makes. Good for snacking on, making burritos or even breakfast tacos!
How About a Week's Worth of Ideas?
- Dinner Ideas on a Budget for Every Day of the Week
Just because you are on a budget doesn't mean you can't enjoy some good tasting food made straight out of your home. Try this seven day dinner menu complete with appetizer, soup and dessert recipes.
Will You Try This Recipe?
© 2013 Sydney Spence