- Food and Cooking
Easy Dessert Recipes Using Chocolate and Peanut Butter
To many, chocolate and peanut butter are the perfect combination.
Here are three easy recipes that would delight any chocolate and peanut butter fan, as well as any sweets lover in general.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- In a medium bowl, mix all ingredients, excluding the chocolate chips and 3 T peanut butter, until blended.
- Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray, and press mixture evenly into bottom of pan.
- Place chocolate chips and 3 T peanut butter in microwave-safe bowl, and microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Stir until smooth, and pour onto prepared graham cracker mixture.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Cut into squares to serve.
Peanut Butter Brownie Bites
- 1 box brownie mix + water, oil, and egg(s) as called for on brownie mix instructions
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix brownie mix according to instructions on box, and pour into mini muffin tin (makes approximately 40 brownie bites)
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Once brownie bites are done baking, use the back of a melon-baller (or any other spoon that will fit into each brownie bite) and make an indentation into each brownie bite.
- While brownie bites are baking, melt peanut butter in microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Pour a teaspoonful of the melted peanut butter into the center of each brownie bite.
- Top with chocolate chips and peanut butter chips.
- Let cool in pan, about 1 hour.
Peanut Butter Marbled Squares
- 10 large rectangles graham crackers
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 square vanilla bark
- Place graham crackers on a Silpat-lined (or foil-lined) cookie sheet, breaking apart rectangles as needed to fit onto cookie sheet.
- Place chocolate chips and peanut butter in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high for 1 minute. Stir until smooth.
- Pour mixture onto graham crackers and spread evenly.
- Heat vanilla bark in a microwave-safe bowl for 30 seconds on high. Stir until smooth. If not completely melted, heat for another 30 seconds.
- Drop melted vanilla bark by spoonfuls onto chocolate-covered graham crackers.
- Use a knife to cut through melted vanilla bark to create marbled effect.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Cut into squares.