Fast and Easy Recipes for Kids - 5 Minute Fudge
Welcome to my series of quick and easy recipes compiled especially for kids. You will find that most recipes in this series require no oven, making them simple and safe for the classroom as well.
There are many recipes out there for 5 Minute Fudge and while they are similar and require not many ingredients I have simplified mine even further by configuring it for the microwave, thus making it safe for children and a breeze in the classroom.
- 1 pound powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup milk
- 1 stick margerine
- Mix sugar and coca together thoroughly in large microwavable bowl.
- Pour milk in sugar mixture but do not mix. Set the stick of margarine right on top of the mixture.
- Microwave on high for 2 1/2 minutes.
- After the mixture comes out of the microwave, mix well and add vanilla.
- If it seems to dry, add a little extra milk. If you add too much milk and it gets too runny then you can use the mixture on top of ice cream.
- At this point you can add nuts or whatever else you like in your fudge. Put the fudge out on a plate that is covered with aluminum foil.
- Put in the refrigerator for 20-30 minutes. It will solidify pretty quickly.