- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Easy Tuna Noodle Casserole with Peas and Cheese
A Real "Down-Home" Dinner
When I was a little girl growing up in the Pennsylvania woods, my mother used to bake up this HUGE pot of her tuna noodle casserole for dinner. I would butter up some bread, sit down with a cold, tall glass of milk, and eat myself stuffed with it at every meal for days until it was gone.
When I became a mom, I added cheese. Enjoy!
- 3 cups egg noodles, uncooked
- 1 10.5 oz can cream of mushroom soup
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 6oz can or 7oz pkg tuna, drained
- 4oz cheddar cheese, cubed
- 1/2 can (6 to 8 oz) peas, drained
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cook noodles in boiling water for 5-6 minutes, drain.
- Meanwhile, in a medium mixing bowl whisk together soup and milk. Stir in tuna, cheese, peas, pepper, and the cooked noodles.
- Transfer mixture to a medium-sized casserole dish.
- In a small bowl, stir together melted butter and breadcrumbs.
- Sprinkle casserole with this breadcrumb mixture.
- Bake 25-30 minutes, until breadcrumbs turn golden brown. Let sit 5 minutes to cool before serving.