Easy Turkey Pot Pie Recipe
Looking for a warm, comforting one dish meal for a cold winter evening? If you're in search of an easy and delicious comfort food dinner recipe idea, this may be exactly what you are looking for. It's a great way to use up leftover turkey, or you can always cook a turkey just for the purpose of preparing this entrée.
Turkey Pot Pie Recipe
- 1 cup of chicken broth (preferably the reduced sodium variety)
- 1 can of mixed vegetables
- 2 1/4 tablespoons of cornstarch
- 1 cup of reduced fat milk (one or two percent)
- 2 cups of cut up cooked turkey
- 3/4 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons of chopped parsley (fresh or dried)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 small tube of crescent roll dough
- 1 frozen pie crust
Filling Preparation Instructions
1. Bring the chicken broth to boil in a medium saucepan.
2. Reduce heat to medium and add the vegetables.
3. Simmer for five minutes.
4. Add the milk and cornstarch to the vegetable and chicken broth mixture.
5. Return the mixture to a boil.
6. Reduce the heat to medium.
7. Continue to simmer, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens. (This will probably take two to three minutes.)
8. Remove saucepan from the burner.
9. Stir in the turkey, cheese, and parsley.
10. Add the salt and pepper, mixing well.
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Pour the turkey and vegetable mixture into the frozen pie crust.
3. Unroll the crescent roll dough and cut into strips.
4. Place the strips in a crisscross pattern on the top of the pie.
5. Bake the pie for 30 minutes, or until hot and bubbly and the crescent strip lattice is nice and brown.
Easy Recipe Variations:
- You can use this dish as a terrific "clean out the fridge" recipe any evening of the week. Here are a few ideas:
- Substitute leftover chicken or precooked chicken from the deli at your local supermarket for the turkey to create an Easy Chicken Pot Pie Recipe
- Substitute pieces of leftover roast beef or steak for the turkey to create your own version of an Easy Beef Pot Pie Recipe.
- Instead of using a can of mixed vegetables, you can use any combination of leftover veggies you happen to have in your refrigerator.
- You can also use frozen veggies instead of the canned variety or your weekly collection of leftovers.