- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes»
- Cookies & Biscuits
Easy Vegan Oatmeal Cookies
No Need for Eggs in your Oatmeal Cookies
A vegan diet or food allergies can make things tough around dessert time. Just about every recipe calls for eggs and/or dairy products. One of my favorite vegan dessert recipes is this one for some really easy, but tasty oatmeal cookies. Mom perfected this recipe over the years and it is always a big hit at our house for holidays and special occasions. I am glad I have the opportunity to share it with you.
- 1 cup brown sugar, light or dark
- 0.5 cups white sugar
- 1.5 cups vegetable spread, softened
- 1.5 cups flour
- 3 cups oatmeal, dry and preferably quick-style
- 1.5 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cream brown sugar, white sugar, and vegetable spread until smooth.
- Add baking soda, cinnamon, and vanilla extract
- Gradually stir in flour
- Gradually stir in oatmeal until the dough is soft
- Make small balls (roughly 1 inch diameter) out of the dough
- Grease the bottom of a round juice glass with additional vegetable spread, dip it in additional white sugar, and press each ball flat. Dip glass in sugar between each ball.
- Optional: Sprinkle additional sugar on top of cookies.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, until the cookie edges are golden brown.
-I sometimes use an extra teaspoon of cinnamon to add a little kick
-You can play around with the amount of sugar, flour, and oatmeal for your preference.
-I have found that adding flour gives you a more "cakey", less sweet cookie.
-If you add sugar, I would recommend using white sugar. Extra brown sugar tends to make the cookies fall apart more easily.
-You can add raisins if you would like an oatmeal-raisin variety