How to Make Kur Kure Okra (Lady's Finger)
Kur Kure Okra is a crunchy, spicy, and delicious finger food. It is a mouthwatering appetizer for small parties. Here, I am showing you an easy and simple way to make this popular tea-time snack. Kur Kure okra has all the health benefits of okra. It has a rich natural aroma and flavor.
Health Benefits of Eating Okra
Okra, popularly known as Lady's finger is a vegetable with rich nutrients. It has potassium, vitamin B, vitamin C, folic acid and calcium. It is low in calories and has high dietary fiber content.
Okra is considered to help manage blood sugar levels in cases of type 1, type 2 and gestational diabetes. It is one of the nutritious vegetables that helps in controlling cholesterol and weight reduction. It helps in detoxification. It improves eyesight, maintains heart health and eases bowel movement.
It is proved that the consumption of Okra helps in checking the growth of breast cancer cells' growth. Lectin is the special protein found in Okra that is responsible for preventing breast cancer cell growth. The folate content in Okra helps in lowering the risk of developing cancer.
Okra has vitamin K that is good for bones. It helps in absorbing calcium, lowering the risk of osteoporosis.
Kur Kure Okra
- 15 okra, slit lengthwise as per instruction
- 3 tablespoons gram flour / chickpea flour
- 2 teaspoons rice flour
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon carom seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, as per taste
- oil for deep frying
- Wash okra, pat dry them with a cotton cloth. Slit them longitudinally. Remove the seeds. Slit them further lengthwise to make thin pieces. Refer to the image.
- Take them in a mixing bowl. Add all the ingredients in the list till 'oil for the deep frying'. Mix well. The salt in the mixture helps in giving out the moisture. No need to add water. See that okra pieces are uniformly coated with the spices.
- Heat oil in a frying pan. Drop okra pieces while holding a bunch of it in hand, slowly releasing little by little into the hot oil. Don't overcrowd them. Let the fire be high in the beginning. Reduce the flame after 2 minutes. Make sure that okra cooks inside and becomes crispy.
- Frying one batch takes not more than 4 minutes. Turn them occasionally for uniform cooking.
- Remove and strain them. Place them on an absorbent paper towel. The paper absorbs excess oil. Okra becomes super crispy once it cools down. You can listen to the sound of 'Kur Kur' while eating! Hence the name Kur Kure Okra!
- Munch crispy Kur Kure Okra whenever you feel like. They disappear in no time! This snack remains crispy for three days if you store in an airtight container.
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||90|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 10 g||15%|
|Saturated fat 1 g||5%|
|Carbohydrates 18 g||6%|
|Sugar 1 g|
|Fiber 5 g||20%|
|Protein 3 g||6%|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|Sodium 82 mg||3%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|