- Food and Cooking
Easy Wet Burritos
This is my mom's recipe for burritos. I grew up eating these, and they are the one thing that I still ask for when I go home to visit. Like most great foods, there honestly isn't really a recipe as much as a guideline for creating them. Enjoy!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 package taco seasoning, (Or make your own)
- 1 large can refried beans
- 1 jar enchilada sauce
- 1 package tortilla shells, (burrito size)
- 2 cups grated Mexican Blend cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Spread a small amount of enchilada sauce in bottom of 9X13 pan.
- Brown the ground beef, drain, and season. Mix the refried beans into the ground beef and heat through.
- Place a heaping spoonful of meat mixture in the middle of tortilla shell, add a handful of cheese on top, fold into a burrito and place in baking dish. Repeat until all shells are full and meat mixture is used. This should use about 8 shells.
- Once all of the burritos are assembled and placed in the baking dish, pour enchilada sauce over them and cover with remaining cheese.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Serve with sour cream, olives, jalapenos, and salsa.