Easy, Yummy, Crock-Pot Beef Stew Recipe
My Own Easy, Tasty Recipe
To ensure that my beef stew is tasty every time, I opt for the easy way. I tried a recipe that came from my great gram’s stash only I used a crock pot instead of on the stove. The first time I made it, it was a little watery and tasteless, but then I added a few more ingredients to get a pretty yummy dish. The problem is that I can’t remember what I did to make it perfect that one time so it takes me many tries to get an actual recipe. One of the things I was told to add was cinnamon. One thing I decided would give it more flavor was using red wine and other similar things(soy sauce?). Then when I was low on ingredients and not enough time, I made it completely flavorless, but knew exactly what I did wrong from the beginning. If you add to much water with beef broth in a can, it just doesn’t work.
What I love about beef stew is that it is so versatile and you can add all kinds of vegetables to it so that even a person who is not big on veggies will find something healthy in the big bowl of goodness.
Cook time: 6 - 12 hours
Total time: 6 1/2 - 12 1/2 hours
Serves: 6 - 8 depending on how many vegetables you use, and how big your pot is
- 1 lb. stew beef, chuck or round
- 2 large onions, peeled and sliced
- 4 carrots, pared and cut into 1" pieces
- 4 ribs of celery, sliced into 1/2" pieces
- 4 large potatoes, cut into 1" chunks
- to taste salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup red wine or bbq suace
- to taste cinnamon
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 packet beef stew flavoring
- 4 cups water
- other vegetables, to your liking
- Brown beef in 2 TBS. red wine (cooking, vinegar, or real) Then add salt, pepper and cinnamon
- Put beef, potatoes, stew packet, and 3 cups water in crock pot Mix and add more cinnamon, pepper, salt, a bay leaf and one cup red wine
- Cook on low for five hours or high for three-four hours, then add other vegetables, stir until its all mixed in. Add more water if needed to cover meat and vegetables.
- Cook on low for another 6-7 hours or high for 3-4 hours or until potatoes are soft. Serve with biscuits