- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes
Caramel Marshmallow Popcorn
Time Crunch? No problem!
I don't know about you, but I'm not really one of those mom's who loves to spend my days in the kitchen whipping up all kinds of fancy dishes and desserts. I'm all about keeping it simple.
I've been looking for a "quick" caramel popcorn recipe online, but they all had one thing in common; they all required the caramel to be cooked over a stove top for what seemed to be an endless amount of time with constant stirring and then baking the popcorn afterwards.
So, after a little experimenting and tweeking, I've come up with a recipe that my family absolutely loves! And it's simple enough, even my pre-teen daughter can make it with ease!
Ingredients and Supplies
- 1 microwave safe bowl
- 1 cookie sheet
- 1 large bowl
- 1/4 cup butter / margarine
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 5 marshmallows, regular size
- 1 bag microwave popcorn, **
1. Pop your microwave popcorn.
- Follow manufacturers directions.
2. Combine butter and brown sugar.
4. Pour popcorn into any bowl large enough to accommodate all of your popcorn. Give it a few gentle shakes.
This will help the uncooked kernels fall to the bottom of the bowl for easier removal.
Use your hands to transfer the popcorn from the large bowl to the cookie sheet. *
5. Stir the butter/brown sugar sauce, then add the marshmallows. Heat for another 1.5 to 2 minutes on high. *
6. Stir to mix the melted marshmallows.
7. Pour your sauce over the popcorn.
8. Using a rubber spatula or large spoon, mix the popcorn around on the cookie sheet to help distribute the sauce evenly.
** POPCORN NOTE:
I have used both buttered and kettle style microwave popcorn. My family loves both! The buttered popcorn will give you a sweet and salty flavor, whereas the kettle popcorn will be mostly sweet.
Try them both to see what fits your taste and satisfies your sweet tooth.
Another Sweet Recipe You May Like
- Grilled S'more Tacos
A summer favorite with a twist.