Easy and Quick Rice Krispies Treat Recipe
- 1/4 Cup Butter
- 5 Cups Mini Marshmallows
- 5 & 1/2 Cups Rice Krispies
- Line a rectangular baking pan with parchment paper, this makes it easy to lift the treats out later
- Using a large saucepan (large enough to hold all of your ingredients melt the butter over low heat.
- Add all of your marshmallows and stir them continuously until they melt.
- Stir in all of the Rice Krispies until fully combined with the marshmallows. You might have to really scoop from the bottom of the pan to make you you have all the melted marshmallow incorporated in.
- Pour the still hot mixture into your baking tray (you might have to be quick here because the mixture sets when it begins to cool down). Spread evenly and flatten with another sheet of parchment paper.
- Leave to cool for around 15 minutes, then cut into desired shapes.
This also works with any similar cereal such as Cheerios and Cocoa Puffs! You can also make a sauce to drizzle over the top. I have melted milk chocolate & golden syrup together in a bowl and used a spoon to splatter the sauce over them.
Try it out and tell me how it goes, I look forward to reading your comments!
© 2015 VerityPrice