Easy Baked Sliced Shortribs recipe
Easy Roasted Short Ribs
Roasted Short Ribs
Easy to prepare Short Ribs
As the weeks go by we wonder, what can we prepare for a satisfying and tasty meal for dinner?
There are so many days that we have to figure out , what to prepare. What about short ribs. They take no longer than anything else and they make a great comfort meal and it is something different.
If you are a meat eater than you will love this easy to prepare dish. I would make this dish on a weekend when you have plenty of time and there is no rush. It only takes about 1 1/2 hrs to roast and it taste so good.
You can find this cut of meat in your meat dept., or large chain grocery store. The meat is rich and flavorful. It does contain a large bone in each piece of meat , so when purchasing, make sure you take a good look at the cuts, so you will have enough of actual meat to serve to each person.
The oven roasting takes up the most cooking time. You have plenty of time to prepare the side dishes that will go with your roasted short ribs.
The oven does all the work so, this is as easy as pie to prepare. Let's give it a try, and you will be glad you did .
Let's prepare the roasted short ribs and enjoy.
- 2 lbs short ribs, cut in 1-2 inch pcs
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup baby carrots, cut or whole
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Tbls coriander, ground
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 tps sea salt
- 1 Tbls rosemary, dried
- 1 Tbls cumin, ground
- 1/4 cup olive oil
Start to finish short ribs
- Wash and paper towel dry short ribs
- Mix all dry ingredients and rub all sides of short ribs.
- Dust all pieces of meat with flour
- Add olive oil to pan and heat med. to high.
- Brown all side of short ribs. Remove ribs from pan and place into baking pan.
- Pour off most of oil from saute pan and add 2 Tbls of flour and brown, stirring constantly.
- Add carrots, sliced onions, mushrooms and 1/2 cup water bring to boil until slightly thickened.
- Place all short ribs into baking pan and pour all sauce and veggies on top of short ribs.
- Cover pan tightly with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 2 hours, checking for doneness at 1 1/2 hours. Remove foil and let short ribs brown.Test meat for doneness and check seasoning.
- Take out of the oven and stir sauce to mix all flavors, let rest 5 min.
- Ready to serve over rice or with mashed potatoes. Enjoy!
Drain excess oil from short ribs.
Add any of your favorite veggies.
You might want to add your favorite dry wine to sauce.
Adjust seasoning to your taste.
Save left over flour to make sauce.
Short Ribs or Not.
Have you prepared Short Ribs?
Short Rib recipe
Short Ribs served with your favorite side dishes
Short ribs can be made on the weekend and frozen for a later date or week day meal. Steamed spinach, string beans and boiled potatoes or the veggie of your choice will go well with this richly flavored meat.
If you just want a one pot meal put your string beans and potatoes in at the last 20 min. of cooking time, what a well rounded meal you will have.