Easy Bake Chocolate Chip Banana Oatmeal Cookies
Let's face it, baking isn't for everyone. With all the exact measurements and mixing that is required, baking is closer to science than cooking! Yet, the end result is so delicious and satisfying, it makes the mess and frustration of cracking eggs, measuring flour and cleaning up worth it.
So what if I told you I had a recipe that would require a minimum amount of baking and on top of it the recipe would be mouth-watering and healthy! Would you give baking another chance and dive in? I hope so because this awesome recipe is below!
I came up with this great five ingredient recipe after doing some research on the internet. I was looking for something tasty, yet healthy, and most importantly something simple. That's when i discovered some dessert recipes using just mashed bananas or even applesauce instead of egg and flour. I though this was AMAZING!
So this is how I came up with Easy to Bake Banana Oatmeal Cookies. These cookies are fantastic! They're easy to make, have simple ingredients, and are healthy for you! They don't require any eggs, flour or additional sugar and can easily be made gluten free or even vegan. To make this cookie recipe gluten free, just use gluten free oats. To make the cookies vegan, just use dark chocolate.
Not only is this recipe easy to make, its also a fairly quick recipe. It should only take a few minutes to prep and 15 minutes in the oven before you're devouring these little treats. If there's no egg, why are we cooking? That's because the 'dough' is very mushy (thanks to the banana) and by cooking it, the cookie will stay together. This means that the 'raw dough' is perfectly healthy to eat!!
You'll love these healthy cookies. They'll stay nice and moist, giving you a delicious, mouthwatering treat! It's great for kid's lunches, a quick afternoon snack or a late night snack.
- 2 Large Bananas
- 1 cup Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
- 1/4 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup Chocolate Chips, I mixed milk and dark chocolate
- Add oats, vanilla extract and peeled bananas to a mixing bowl. (Remember to compost your banana peels!) You can also used gluten free oats, which will the recipe gluten free.
- Next, mash the bananas, oats and vanilla extract together.
- Next, add peanut butter and continue to mix together by hand.
- Next, add chocolate chips to the 'dough' and fold them in by hand.
- Set oven to 350 degrees, use an ice cream scoop to make small balls of 'dough' and place on a greased baking sheet. Try to keep the cookies all the same size to prevent burning.
- Watch cookies to prevent burning, take out of oven and let cool. Serve immediately or place in fridge to last up to a week. (These taste great cooled, especially in summer!)