- Food and Cooking»
- Quick & Easy Recipes
Easy to Make Bread Pizza
Delicious Snack in a Jiffy
When the kids are hungry, you have to quickly prepare snacks that are healthy and tasty. No need to call pizza delivery because you can have this alternative bread pizza easily prepared at home. If you have any type of bread and you have tomato sauce, cheese and some pizza toppings in your refrigerator or cupboard, then you can have this delicious snack that the kids will surely enjoy.
Rate this Bread Pizza
|Serving size: 2 bread pizza triangles|
|Calories from Fat||108|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 12 g||18%|
|Saturated fat 5 g||25%|
|Unsaturated fat 4 g|
|Carbohydrates 26 g||9%|
|Fiber 1 g||4%|
|Protein 10 g||20%|
|Cholesterol 28 mg||9%|
|Sodium 616 mg||26%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
Bread Pizza Ingredients
- 5 slices Loaf Bread, cut in triangles
- 1/4 cup Pizza sauce/Tomato Catsup
- 1/4 cup Cheese - Cheddar or Mozzarella, grated
- 1 piece Sausage, sliced or diced
- Pepperoni (optional)
- Tomatoes (optional)
- Green bell pepper (optional)
- Mushroom (optional)
- Onion (optional)
- Pineapple (optional)
- Black olives (optional)
Step-by-Step Pictures on How to Make Bread PizzaClick thumbnail to view full-size
How to Make the Bread Pizza
- Slice the bread and top with sauce. You can slice the bread any way you want. For our bread pizza, we chose triangles. Then, we spread some sauce on top. If you're using French bread, you can slice it in circles or you can make a big half-submarine shape by cutting it lengthwise.
- Add the cheese. When you're done topping all the bread slices with sauce, next is to sprinkle grated cheese on top. The cheesier, the better. If the cheese to be bubbly, then use mozarella cheese.
- Add the toppings. After adding the cheese, the next would be the toppings. Whatever toppings you like, you can add it. Choices of meat toppings include sausage, pepperoni, chicken, beef, or bacon, Choices of vegetable toppings include black olives, tomatoes, mushroom, red and green bell peppers, pineapple tidbits, onion, and spinach.
- Heat up the bread pizza. After putting all the toppings, it's now time to heat up the bread pizza. You may use a bread toaster, the microwave oven, or if you have one, your pizza maker. If you don't have any of those, you can just heat up a pan and put the bread pizza on it and heat it up. Heating time varies not just according to the gadget you will use (so refer to your gadget manual) but also according to how you want your pizza done. You can heat the pizza up to when the cheese has melted or you can heat it up even further to make the bread crispy. Generally, it would take 3 to 5 minutes.
- That's it. The bread pizza is ready. Enjoy
Oven Toster for Heating Up Your Bread Pizza
I use this type of toaster oven for our bread pizza. It has two level of racks so you can heat up more bread pizzas at the same time. I find it useful as we often prepare sandwiches as well.
Additional Tips for Better Tasting Bread Pizza
The above instructions is the simplest way to make bread pizza. But you can improve on the taste even further by doing these additional tips.
- You can drizzle melted butter and spices like garlic powder and oregano to the bread before adding the sauce.
- Bread pizza that uses delicious sauce like marinara sauce or home cooked spaghetti sauce would taste a lot better than one that just used catsup or plain tomato sauce.
- If you prefer crispy bread pizza, then go thin. Be sure to slice the bread thinly.