- Food and Cooking
Easy to Make Donuts
My kids love donuts, how many kids don't? They are always asking to go to Dunkin Donuts, my youngest has started a new con trick because we pass one on the way to school. He refuses to eat breakfast at home and then starts screaming how hungry he is as soon as we pass it, as we are dropping the oldest at school the little one starts yelling how I don't feed him and he is starving. Pretty manipulative for a 3yr old. It hasn't worked yet but he is still testing me to see if I relent.
I decided to try these at home to see if he will get over the chocolate sprinkles long enough to eat this yummy donut
We keep a premixed container with the cinnamon sugar mix so this is a step I rarely have to do. We use the mix for many other recipes or to put on buttered toast as a special treat.
- 1 refrigerated biscuits
- 1 cup oil
- 1/4 cup sugar, mix with cinnamon
- pinch cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Open the package of biscuits and make a hold in the middle of each biscuit
- Heat the oil in a pan and place the biscuits into the oil
- Cook for about a minute each side
- Place onto a paper towel to drain the excess oil
- Brush with melted butter
- Dip into the sugar & cinnamon mixture