- Food and Cooking»
- Breakfast Recipes
Egg Omelette Bonanza Recipe
As busy as we are we often can't figure out what to prepare for the next meal. Well, why not prepare an omelet for your family or yourself. Can you imagine all the goodies that can go into an omelet? You can go vegan or power packed, whichever you like.
Each person can have what they like in their omelet. Now you can't beat that. Prepare each omelet and keep warm in the oven and your meal is ready with no drama. Served with a salad or maybe french fries, what's not to love about an omelet?
Put a spin on your omelet and everyone will be waiting to savor your creation. Use your imagination and see where it leads you. Add a sugar free jam inside the omelet for the little ones and they will finish it before you know it. If necessary use more than one fry pan if that works for you. You might want to put mac and cheese inside to make it a pleasant surprise for the kiddies. Have fun and enjoy.
Egg Omelet Fillings
Bonanza, means whatever you and your family enjoy eating. That's what is used for the omelet filling. Be it veggies or even fruit, anything goes into an omelet. For the hungry man, meat and potatoes added to the omelet will make a great comfort dish.
The younger adult might like franks and peppers and onions. There are so many options that you could serve an omelet everyday and not duplicate it. Everything , well almost, can be used as an omelet filling.
If you like a vegan omelet, just put them in and enjoy the fresh robust flavors. Eggs cook quickly, so you might have to partially cook your veggies before adding as a filling. All of your meat product must be pre cooked before adding to an omelet.
- 2 eggs eggs
- 2 tsp water, cold
- 1/4 cup green peppers, coarsely chopped
- 1 Tbsp oinions, chopped
- 1 small sausage link or franks, cooked and sliced
- 1/4 cup home fries, cooked and cubed
- dash salt and pepper (optional)
- 2 Tblsp oil, to coat bottom of pan
- Chop veggies and saute if desired. If using home fries cook ahead of time or use leftover home fries
- If using sausage or franks cook ahead of time, for desired doneness.
- Beat your eggs lightly and add ice water. Add salt and pepper if desired
- Add vegetable oil to a medium to small fry pan and heat to medium.
- Pour eggs into fry pan to cover the bottom.
- Add about 2-3 tablespoons of filling to the middle of the omelet, and fold eggs over filling to form a wrap. Turn to cook the other side. You might choose to have pie shaped omelet by just folding over one half of the omelet.
- Keep your omelets warm in the oven until ready to serve.
Check out the nutritional values
Omelet with sausage
|Serving size: 1|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 22 g||34%|
|Carbohydrates 0 g|
|Cholesterol 72 mg||24%|
|Sodium 1 mg|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
We all know what we could eat and should not eat. So keep that in mind. Just don't add the items that you should not eat. Omelets are are a time saver which we can make as healthy as we want them to be.
If you really think about it, going to a fast food outlet will have way more calories than we want. It is easier to prepare our meals and control our nutritional value to suit us. An omelet can be prepared many different ways.
You might just put all the beaten eggs into a fry pan and then add the fillers and fold or run it into the broiler to cook the other uncooked side and then slice the omelet into wedges.
Which ever is the easiest for you is what you are looking for to have an enjoyable omelet.
Put it in
Help with the omelet
Here is some help with preparing your omelet. As I stated there are many ways to make an omelet.
You might want to finish your omelet in the oven, whichever is easiest for you. I find that I don't like raw veggies in my omelet as served in restaurants, therefore I saute my veggies ahead of time.
You will be the judge as to what and how you like your omelet fillings.