- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes
Emergency Chocolate Brownie Fix
What do you think?
Emergency! We're out of Chocolate
One night I wanted to have a brownie with my ice cream. I didn't have any brownie mix, didn't want to go to the store and I just wanted a little bit, not a whole pan. I left the kitchen, only to come back a while later to experiment. It occurred to me that pancake mix has most of the ingredients, and pancakes cook up really fast. I figured what the heck? I can always throw it away if it doesn't work.
- 1/4 c Pancake mix, instant, add water type
- 2-3 Tbsp Chocolate syrup
- to taste - optional - sugar or Truvia
- optional Cream
It's really easy!
- Measure pancake mix into a glass (microwavable) bowl. Add chocolate syrup. Mix together. It should be the consistency of brownie mix. If too thick, add a little cream (or milk).
- Note: you can also use cocoa powder and some milk in place of the chocolate syrup. Add sugar or your favorite sweetener if you wish. I like Truvia.
- You can add flavor with mint extract or cinnamon.
- Put in microwave for 40 to 60 seconds. The middle will be just a little gooey. ENJOY with ice cream or all by itself.
- This recipe is for 1 "serving". Use multiple bowls to make enough for friends.