- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas
Leftover chicken? Here's a tasty way to use it!
- 1 can (18.5 oz) Progresso® Traditional Chicken and Cheese Enchilada Soup
- 1 can (10 oz) Old El Paso® hot or mild enchilada sauce
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese (8 oz)
- 10 corn tortillas (6 inches)
- 2 medium green onions, thinly sliced
- Heat oven to 350°F. In medium bowl, stir together soup and enchilada sauce. Spread 1 cup soup mixture in ungreased 11x7-inch baking dish.
- In large bowl, mix 1 cup soup mixture with chicken and 1 cup of the cheese; reserve remaining soup mixture. On microwavable plate, stack tortillas and cover with paper towel; heat on High 1 minute to soften. Place 1/4 cup chicken mixture along middle of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam sides down in baking dish with sauce.
- Pour remaining soup mixture over enchiladas. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheese. Sprinkle green onions on top. Bake about 30 minutes or until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbly around edges.
Offer chopped lettuce, avocado slices or chopped fresh cilantro for extra toppers.
|Serving size: 1 Serving|
|Calories from Fat||2160|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 240 g||369%|
|Saturated fat 13 g||65%|
|Carbohydrates 29 g||10%|
|Sugar 3 g|
|Fiber 3 g||12%|
|Protein 34 g||68%|
|Cholesterol 105 mg||35%|
|Sodium 1050 mg||44%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
Exchanges: 2 Starch;4 Lean Meat;2 1/2 Fat; Carbohydrate Choices: 2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.