- Food and Cooking
Fabulous Flavored Popcorn Recipes, Easy and Fun, Try Them All
POPCORN, a great anytime treat for Christmas, parties and whenever.
Most everybody loves popcorn but maybe you're tired of the same old flavor. If so then have I got a treat for you!
Here's a few recipes I use regularly that will turn your popcorn into something fabulous, whether it's for Christmas, parties, gift baskets, or just for fun. These recipes are easy and VERY tasty. Try them but I must warn you the chocolate and cinnamon flavors are very addictive!
The recipe shown is the basic vanilla flavored popcorn. It's very simple to make and will be used for each of the different variations of flavors I have listed except the Caramel corn. I've listed the directions for it separately.
Standard Vanilla Flavored Candy Coated Popcorn Recipe.
4 quarts of unsalted popped corn. (I use an air popper )
1/4 cup of butter ( do not use margarine )
1 17.0z jar of marshmallow creme
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1. Preheat your oven to 250 degrees.
2. Melt butter in a saucepan over low heat.
3. Add marshmallow creme and stir till blended.
4. Remove from heat and add salt and vanilla
5. Pour over popped corn and toss till covered.
6. Place in a 13x9 inch ungreased baking pan.
7. Bake 30 minutes, stirring after first 15 minutes.
8. Spread onto foil and let cool.
9. Break apart and store in tightly sealed container.
Chocolate Popcorn ( my personal favorite of course ) ...Add 1/2 cup of chocolate chips to the melted butter, stir till blended and continue on from step #3
White Chocolate Flavored Popcorn ...Add 1/2 cup of white chocolate chocolate chips to the melted butter and continue on from step #3
Butterscotch Flavored Popcorn ...Add 1/2 cup of butterscotch chips to the melted butter, stir till blended and continue on from step #3
Peanut Butter Flavored Popcorn ...Add 1/2 cup of crunchy peanut butter in place of 1/2 cup butter, melt over low heat, continue on from step #3. (In my opinion this is a much better peanut butter taste than using peanut butter chips.)
Cinnamon Flavored Popcorn... Add 1/2 cup of cinnamon drop candies to the melted butter , stir till blended and continue on from step #3
If you want to add more zing to your popcorn you can also sprinkle with decorator candies and coconut as soon as you take it out of the oven. It cools very quickly so you have to do it fast or it won't stick. For other exotic flavors add 2 to 3 drops of flavored oils to the melted butter and marshmallow creme then continue on from step #4
Caramel Flavored Popcorn
2 tablespoons of water
21/2 quarts popped corn
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
2. Microwave caramels and water on high 1 1/2 minutes.(microwave times may differ)
3. Stir till smooth.
4. Pour over popped corn and toss till coated.
5. Bake 20 to 25 minutes.
6. Cool on foil then break apart.
7. Store in an airtight container.