Fancy Schmancy Pasta Dish
I rate this dish a 4/5 for taste and simplicity
- 2-4 cups pasta (optional), uncooked
- 1 jar pasta sauce
- 1 pack white mushrooms
- 1 cup aprox. per person cheddar cheese
- 1 per person avocado
- 1 per person strawberry, must be exactly one
- half a sausage per person farmers sausage
- Fill a pot half full with water and and wait until it begins to boil. In the meantime take a cutting board and chop the sausage(s) into round circles. Rinse your mushrooms in the sink. Leave them whole unless otherwise needed.
- Once the water is boiling, add the pasta. Put a timer on for five to eight minutes. Adjust when needed. Put the sausage(s) into a frying pan and fry until cooked. Do the same to the mushrooms.
- Take however many plates are needed and begin to place a singular strawberry onto each one. This is your garnish. If you (or someone else) is alergic or does not like strawberries, replace with whatever fruit you can find one of that you can eat. Or leave out.
- After the timer is up, taste test a singular piece with your front teeth. Is it just right? Turn off the burner. Is it too chewy? Give it a few more minutes. Is it too soft? You've overcooked it. Whatever state the pasta is in, put it through a strainer (once ready) to remove the water from the pot. If you do not have a strainer, use the lid as a method of preventing the pasta from falling out.
- Put the pasta back into the pot. Add the pasta sauce and stir until all the pasta is coated. Add the mushrooms and sausage pieces. Cut up your avocado. Place avocado tastefully on the side of your dish next to the strawberry. Place at least a cup or two of the pasta mixture onto each plate.
- Take your cheese and let each person cover their own plate with however much cheese they like. Not everyone likes or can eat cheese. This is assuming you like cheese. Of course this recipe can be tailored to fit whomever is making it. So don't worry if you read this and went; "This does not fit my lifestyle!"
- Call everyone to the meal and enjoy!
© 2020 Natalya Porter