- Food and Cooking»
- Quick & Easy Recipes
Fast and Easy Recipes for Kids - Vanilla Orange Cookies
If your kids are little but want to make a sweet treat , these Vanilla Orange Cookies are super-simple and require no baking. You can process the crumbs, nuts, and coconut in a baggie (just smash them up!) and melt the white chocolate in the microwave, then let the kids loose!
- 1 (12-ounce) box vanilla wafer cookies
- 1/2 cup coconut coconut
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- In a Ziploc bag, combine vanilla wafers with almonds and coconut; smash until fine crumbs form. Pour wafer mixture into a bowl and add powdered sugar.
- In microwave-safe bowl, combine white chocolate chips and butter. Cook on 50% power for 1 minute, remove, and stir. Continue microwaving for 30-second intervals on 50% power until mixture is smooth and blended.
- Stir into wafer mixture along with orange juice, marmalade, and corn syrup.
- Form 1" balls. Roll into additional powdered sugar or coconut, then let stand until firm. Store, tightly covered, at room temperature. Makes about 48 cookies.