Favorite Fall Soup Recipe: Creamy Potato Soup
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 25 min
Ready in: 35 min
Yields: serves 8 people
- 2 1/2 LBS baked potatoes, sliced into small bite size pieces
- 1/2 Regular package uncooked bacon, Finely diced
- 1 Medium Onion, diced
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 8 cups milk
- 4 cups water
- 4 chicken bullion cubes
- 1 tsp black pepper and salt
- 3/4 cup salted butter
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/4 bunch fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
Cheesy Potato Soup
- In a saute pan, cook bacon until crispy. Drain then set aside
- Saute the garlic and onion in 2 Tbsp butter for about 5 Min.
- In a large stockpot add the sauteed garlic and onions, add milk and water, bullion, salt, and pepper. Cook over medium- high heat until the mixture is very hot about 8 Min, stirring often. DO NOT LET THE MIXTURE BOIL.
- In a small saucepan melt remaining butter, add flour and mix well. Cook over Medium- low heat until the mixture bubbles stirring about 2-3 min to make a roux while constantly stirring soup.
- Add roux to the soup slowly until it becomes thick and creamy. about 4 min. Stir in parsley, potatoes, bacon, and cheese. Stir for another 1-2 min
- To garnish you can add sour cream, cheese, bacon ect. SERVE HOT!