My Favorite Egg Recipes
Eggs are a healthy choice for the start of the day or for any time of the day. Our birds, Henrietta and Penni, ensure that our eggs are absolutely fresh. And our favourite egg dish is never far from our table. Eggs have a subtle flavour with a few added ingredients it completely changes the taste without taking away the taste of the egg. Eggs are consistently good and satisfying.
Eggy Bread (feature photo)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 slices of bread
- icing sugar, for sweet version
- Cut the crusts off the bread - throw crust onto the lawn for the birds to eat. You can freeze the crusts in a bag and use it for stuffing or crumbing.
- Heat a frying pan with some oil.
- Beat the egg, coat the bread slices with the egg.
- Fry until slices are golden on both sides.
- Dust with icing sugar for a sweet option.
- Top with mixed berries, bananas - any choice of your favourite fruit can be eaten with the eggy bread. Try it with cream cheese
- for a savoury option try with bacon, ham and tomatoes ingredients are only limited by your preference. Enjoy.
Egg, Smoked Salmon with Spinach on Toast
This is another speedy recipe. Salt or hollandaise sauce isn't needed, for me,the smoky flavour of the salmon does it for me. This dish can be served for lunch or dinner.
Prep time: 5
Cook time: 4 - 5
Ready in: 10
Yeild: One person
- Smoked Salmon pieces
- Bunch of Spinach
- One egg
- 2 slices of toast
- I'm using up the last of my spinach in my garden a bunch will do.
- Break open an egg onto a low heat fry pan. Guide the yolk, with your finger tips, to the center of the egg white hold for a couple of seconds and it will cook and hold the yolk in the center.
- Continue to cook the egg slowly.
- Use a glass or round and cut out a neat circle around the yoke, it gives a better finish - that's if you're out to impress someone special.
- One large egg yolk
- 2 tsp of lemon juice
- 50 grams of hot melted butter
Put yolk into food processor and add the hot butter to the yolk gradually until mixture thickens. This sauce can be made first just heat the jar of sauce in a container of hot water.
Egg and Soldiers
|Serving size: egg yolk|
|Calories from Fat||810|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 90 g||138%|
|Saturated fat 10 g||50%|
|Unsaturated fat 4 g|
|Carbohydrates 3 g||1%|
|Sugar 0 g|
|Fiber 0 g|
|Protein 40 g||80%|
|Sodium 3 mg|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
Prep time: 2
Cook time: 5
Ready in: 7
Yield: One person
- 1 egg
- 1 slice of toast
- In a small saucepan heat water to boiling point then lower heat.
- Add salt to prevent the egg cracking when cooking.
- Gently lower the egg into the water and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove the egg and place into an egg cup. Toast the bread and cut into strips.
- Dunk the toast into the yolk - sensational.
Buying Locally is Environmentally Awesome
Supporting your local farmers and growers is environmentally awesome. Here are a few reasons why you should support your local produce growers.
- It reduces food miles
- Farmers tend to farm in a more environmentally friendly ways
- Locals care more about their own community raising the quality of living.
- Farmer pay their workers fair wages and treat them with respect and integrity.
- Food producers tend to grow organic produce in original ways.
- And it makes for a higher and healthier quality of food.
Remember fresh is best and that's an unbeatable and healthier way to live. A Jamie Oliver quote, ''Live to eat, don't eat to live".
- Mussel Starters
Mussel have a distinctive flavour, it needs to be experienced, I am a devoted sea foodie and mussels are one of my favourites. Try my starters and enjoy them as much as I do.
- Stuffed Yellow Button Squash With Gluten Free Pork Sausage Patties
Spontaneous cook ups are the tastiest. My stuffed squash and sausage patties are accompanied with my fresh garden veggies. Creating dishes is so satisfying.
- Coffee and Culture
Coffee is an extremely lucrative commodity. It is an integral part of many cultures around the world.