Burger Recipe-Feta and Spinach Stuffed Beef and Lamb Burgers
Feta Cheese and Spinach Stuffed Beef and Lamb Burgers have a Mediterranean flavor that is irresistible! Feta is rich and tangy and adds flair to this lamb and beef mixture. Add spinach and the perfect spices to create a delicious meal.
If you are interested in learning more about the health benefits of Mediterranean Cuisine click here
beef and lamb burgers with feta cheese
- 8 oz. lean Ground Lamb
- 8 oz. lean Ground Beef
- 1/3 finely crumbled Feta Cheese
- 3 cups Spinach Leaves
- 3 Tbs. Milk
- 1 Tbs. finely chopped Onion
- 1 clove of minced Garlic
- 1/4 tsp. Greek Oregano
- 1/4 tsp. Cumin
- 1/4 tsp. Cayenne
- 1/8 tsp. Lemon-Pepper Seasoning
- 4 Pita Pockets
To Make the Patties
Combine Ground Lamb and Ground Beef with
- 2 TBS. Milk,
- chopped Onion
- Lemon-Pepper Seasoning
- and Oregano
- Mix well.
- Shape mixture into eight 1/4 inch patties.
Feta and Spinach Filling
- Wash Spinach Leaves.
- Cook on the stove-top over low heat until leaves are wilted.
- Drain in a colander.
- Wrap in a paper towel and squeeze out excess water.
- Chop Spinach.
- Combine Feta Cheese, chopped Spinach and 1 Tbs Milk.
- Mix well.
Stuff the Burgers
- Divide filling among four of the patties.
- Top with remaining four patties and press the edges together.
- Combine Cayenne and Cumin in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle mixture over the top of the Burgers.
- Coat Grill Racks with non-stick cooking spray.
- Prepare Charcoal Grill or Preheat Gas Grill.
A Grilling Tip
Do not turn the burgers until they have had time to sear on the bottom, otherwise they will stick to the grill and fall apart as you turn them over.
Feta and Spinach Stuffed Beef and lamb Burgers
To Cook and Serve
Place the burgers over direct medium heat. Grill, uncovered, for 12-18 minutes. Turn once halfway through cooking.
To serve, cut Pita Bread in half. Place Burger in Pita Pocket with Lettuce. Enjoy!