Fifty Vegan Snack Ideas
1) Banana on toast.
2) Home made granola bars.
3) Portabello mushrooms stuffed with rice and finely chopped veg and topped with grated vegan cheese.
4) Peppers stuffed with rice/cous cous/quinoa and veg.
5) Bubble and squeak.
6) Chunky sweet potato wedges.
7) Vegetable tempura.
8) Stir fried vegetables.
9) Mixed vegetable fried rice.
10) Trail mixes.
Vegan Pancake Recipe
- 110g/4oz plain flour
- egg replacement powder made up to the equivalent of 2 eggs
- 200ml/7fl oz soya milk
- Sunflower oil
1) Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth and well combined.
2) Heat a little oil in a frying pan and tip the pan so the oil coats the whole bottom of the pan.
3) Pour some of the batter into the pan (the amount depends on how large and thick you want the finished pancake to be) Tilt the pan so the batter spreads over the bottom.
4) Once you can lift the edges of the pancake it is ready to be turned over using a pan slice, palette knife or similar. Cook the second side and serve.
11) Dried fruit and nuts
12) Tortilla chips and salsa
13) Peanut butter and banana toasted sandwich
14) Mixed fruit salad
15) Sliced apple sprinkled with cinnamon or dipped in vegan cream cheese
17) Pasta salad - mixed cooked pasta with chopped tomatoes, cucumber, spring onion and vegan mayo
18) Baked beans on toast
19) Avocado chocolate mousse
20) Pancakes topped with fruit and agave syrup
Raw Banana Ice Cream (vegan)
1) Peel and roughly slice the bananas. Place in a plastic container and freeze until solid.
2) Place the frozen bananas in a blender or food processor and mix until smooth.
22) Roasted vegetables
23) Kale chips
24) Roasted chick peas or beans
25) Soya yoghurt with chopped or puréed fruit
26) Fruit leathers
27) Pitta bread and hummus
28) Ramen noodles
29) Crackers with peanut butter or jam
30) Vegan ice cream
Vegan and Wheat Free Falafel
2 tins of mixed beans, drained and rinsed.
Pinch of salt and pepper
Handful of coriander
1 medium chill
Zest of one lemon
1 tsp cumin
1 heaped tbsp. rice flour
1) Add all ingredients to a food processor and whiz until combined.
2) Divide mix into 8 pieces, roll into balls and flatten into patties (wetting your hands will help stop it sticking)
3) Heat 1 tbsp olive oil over a medium heat and fry the falafel gently until golden and crispy.
32) Oatmeal or porridge
33) Vegetable sticks and dips
34) Fruit or green smoothies
35) Vegetable crisps - beetroot, parsnip, sweet potato and carrot work well
36) Fried mushrooms on toast
37) Baked bananas with vegan ice cream
38) Vegetable soups
39) Bean chilli
- 1 large bunch of basil (about 3 cups, loosely packed)
- 2-3 large cloves garlic
- 6 Tbsp raw pine nuts or walnuts (or a combination of the two)*
- 3/4 – 1 tsp salt, or to taste
- 6 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast (optional)**
Place all ingredients except the olive oil and nutritional yeast into a food processor. Process to a finely ground consistency. Add olive oil and process again, until smooth and creamy. If desired, add nutritional yeast and process again until creamy. Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Source - http://veganspoonful.com/2007/10/10/vegan-pesto-sauce/
42) Potato salad
43) Mushrooms fried with garlic and olive oil
44) Pasta with vegan pesto
45) Lentil dhal
46) Sliced pepper, red onion, chilli and tomato toasted sandwich
48) Crackers with vegan cheese and salsa or roasted peppers
49) Sweet pizza - bread dough topped with chocolate sauce or ganache and chopped fruit and nuts
50) Baked plantain chips
© 2014 Claire