Fifty Delicious Vegan Snack Ideas
1) Banana on toast.
2) Home made granola bars.
3) Portabello mushrooms stuffed with rice and finely chopped veg and topped with grated vegan cheese.
4) Peppers stuffed with rice/cous cous/quinoa and veg.
5) Bubble and squeak.
6) Chunky sweet potato wedges.
7) Vegetable tempura.
8) Stir fried vegetables.
9) Mixed vegetable fried rice.
10) Trail mixes.
Vegan Pancake Recipe
- 110g/4oz plain flour
- egg replacement powder made up to the equivalent of 2 eggs
- 200ml/7fl oz soya milk
- Sunflower oil
1) Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth and well combined.
2) Heat a little oil in a frying pan and tip the pan so the oil coats the whole bottom of the pan.
3) Pour some of the batter into the pan (the amount depends on how large and thick you want the finished pancake to be) Tilt the pan so the batter spreads over the bottom.
4) Once you can lift the edges of the pancake it is ready to be turned over using a pan slice, palette knife or similar. Cook the second side and serve.
11) Dried fruit and nuts
12) Tortilla chips and salsa
13) Peanut butter and banana toasted sandwich
14) Mixed fruit salad
15) Sliced apple sprinkled with cinnamon or dipped in vegan cream cheese
17) Pasta salads
18) Baked beans on toast
19) Avocado chocolate mousse
22) Roasted vegetables
23) Kale chips
24) Roasted chick peas or beans
25) Vegan yoghurt with chopped or puréed fruit
26) Fruit leathers
27) Pitta bread and hummus
28) Ramen noodles
29) Crackers with peanut butter or jam
30) Vegan ice cream
32) Oatmeal or porridge
33) Vegetable sticks and dips
34) Fruit or green smoothies
35) Vegetable crisps - beetroot, parsnip, sweet potato and carrot work well
36) Fried mushrooms on toast
37) Baked bananas with vegan ice cream
38) Vegetable soups
39) Bean chilli
42) Potato salad
43) Mushrooms fried with garlic and olive oil
44) Pasta with vegan pesto
45) Lentil dhal
46) Sliced pepper, red onion, chilli and tomato toasted sandwich
48) Crackers with vegan cheese and salsa or roasted peppers
49) Sweet pizza - bread dough topped with chocolate sauce or ganache and chopped fruit and nuts
50) Baked plantain chips
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2014 Claire