"Cheater" Filipino Chicken Adobo Recipe (Using Bottled Mix)
Mama Sita's Bottled Adobo Marinade
Easy and Quicker Cooking
For a "cheater's" version of the delicious Chicken Adobo, try to find a Filipino/Asian store near you. They should have the the Mama Sita brand bottled Adobo Marinade. (For an alternative, you can purchase the powdered seasonings on eBay or Amazon; there should be recipes on the package.)
- 1-2 lbs. Chicken Parts (with or without skin)
- One bottle Mama Sita's Adobo Marinade
- 2 tsp. Minced Garlic
- 2-3 tbsp. Olive Oil or any Cooking Oil for frying
- Bay Leaves
- 4-6 cups Cooked White Rice
- Cut chicken parts to desired size (whole parts or chunks).
- Marinate chicken in the Mama Sita sauce for about 20 minutes.
- Fry the marinated chicken in oil until golden brown (medium-high heat), about 5 minutes per side. Remove from pan.
- Sautee garlic using the same frying pan (reduce to medium heat as to not burn).
- Return heat to medium-high. Put the fried chicken back in the pan with the marinade. Add more sauce as desired.
- Test the sauce; if it's too salty you can dilute with water. Add a few bay leaves and peppercorn as desired.
- Simmer for about 20 minutes half-covered until chicken is tender and the juices have come out.
- Stir thoroughly.
- Serve with white rice.