- Food and Cooking»
- Culinary Arts & Cooking Techniques
Marinated and Grilled Flank Steak
Flank Steak-A Great Cut of Meat
A Flank Steak is a great cut of beef. It is a little more costly but once prepared it is delicious and makes a memorable meal that will be requested over and over again.
Flank Steak is cut from the abdominal muscles of the cow. Because it is tougher than other beef cuts it tastes especially good marinated and it is often braised, broiled or grilled.
Flank steak is an International favorite! In Mexico it is tenderized and used to make fajitas. In Paris where it is known as "bavette" it is seared quickly and frequently served with shallots. In Asian cuisine it is used for stir fry beef.
Flank Steak Marinade
I have used Italian Dressing for the marinade and it tasted very good. This time I marinated one Flank Steak in Caesar Vinaigrette with Parmesan Dressing and the other Flank Steak in Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing.
- Place your Steak in a glass baking dish and cover with the Marinade. You can also place the steak and marinade in a large baggie, tightly sealed, to save space in the refrigerator.
- Turn the Steak over so both sides are coated.
- Cover with saran wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Halfway through whatever length of time you can allow the steak to marinate turn the steak over again. The longer you marinate the steak the more flavorful it will be.
- Preheat your Grill.
- Shake off the excess marinade.
- Cook the Flank Steak over medium heat
- After 7-10 minutes, flip the steak over using a spatula or tongs. A fork will pierce the meat and allow the juices to flow out.
- The steak should be seared on both sides. You can check the center of the steak to make sure it is done to your liking before removing it from the grill.
- Slice the Flank Steak across the grain and serve. Yummy!