Flavor-Full Chicken Escarole Soup
Will You Try this Recipe?
Delicious Comfort Food for Your Family
This delicious soup will become a family favorite for years to come. It is rich, full of flavor and quite filling without being too heavy. The savory vegetables are enhanced with tender chicken and just a little ground sausage to add an extra dimension of flavor. Great served with some fresh biscuits or a good Italian bread. Enjoy.
Preparation and Cook Times
- 6 full sized Carrots, sliced
- 6 Celery Stalks, sliced
- 3 medium Onions, diced
- 2 lbs. Chicken Breast, bone-in, skin-on
- 5 - 14.5 oz. cans Chicken Broth
- 1 - 15oz can Black Beans, drained & rinse
- 1 lb. Ground Italian Sausage
- 1 head Escarole, torn into 2-3" pieces
- 1 tsp. each Salt, Pepper & Garlic Powder
Preparation & Cooking
- In a large dutch oven add chopped carrots, celery, onions, chicken breast and broth.
- Heat on high until boiling; reduce heat to med/low, add salt, pepper and garlic powder; simmer 20 minutes (or until veggies are tender and chicken is cooked through) Don't over cook, as to avoid mushy veggies.
- While soup is simmering, brown sausage in a separate sauce pan.
- When chicken is done, remove from pot; let cool and separate. Throw away bones and skin.
- Add chicken, sausage and rinsed beans to soup; stir well.
- Add escarole to soup; cook until tender, but not mushy (appx 5 minutes)
- Serve and Enjoy!