- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes»
- Chocolate Desserts
- 4 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 sticks butter or margarine, not reduced-fat
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 2 cups marshmallow cream
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup pecans, halved or chopped
- Grease a 9x13 cake pan well with margarine. Set aside.
- Put sugar, margarine, and evaporated milk into a large, heavy saucepan. Over low heat, bring these ingredients to a boil. As these ingredients boil, stir constantly for about 5 minutes. Do not overcook.
- Remove from heat. Add chocolate chips and marshmallow cream. Stir until fully blended.
- Add vanilla and pecans. Beat until creamy.
- Pour mixture into cake pan and allow to cool completely at room temperature. Do not cut until fudge is completely cooled.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Information per Serving
|Serving size: 1-inch square|
|Calories from Fat||90|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 10 g||15%|
|Saturated fat 4 g||20%|
|Unsaturated fat 6 g|
|Carbohydrates 37 g||12%|
|Sugar 34 g|
|Fiber 1 g||4%|
|Protein 1 g||2%|
|Cholesterol 3 mg||1%|
|Sodium 63 mg||3%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
Suggestions & Substitutions
* If you're concerned about the sugar content, try using bittersweet chocolate or reducing the sugar by 1/2 cup. Replacing half of the sugar with Splenda is not recommended because Splenda affects the texture.
* Walnuts make a mellower substitute for pecans.
* Reduce the fat by using fat-free evaporated milk.
* Using reduced-calorie margarine is not recommended because it is often more watery when melted.
* If you use butter, use unsalted. It's fresher and won't add unwanted sodium. The cholesterol will go up if you use butter, though.