For Chocolate Lovers Only Cookie Recipe
For Chocolate Lovers Only Cookies
What Makes The For Chocolate Lovers Only Cookie Recipe So Great
If you love chocolate, try out this easy chocolate cookie recipe that is sure to please any chocolate lover. Have you ever used Bakers unsweetened chocolate bars? I found some I needed to use, so I followed a chocolate cookie recipe on the back of the box. You probably know Baker’s unsweetened baking chocolate squares for the excellent fudge that can be made with them, but there are so many other recipes you can use them for, some of which they include on their website. The cookie itself is not as chocolately as I would like, so I recommend indulging and adding a few extra chocolate treats that take no time and are so worth the extra effort in the end. Imagine a nice chocolately cookie with a caramel center and chocolate chips and toffee pieces throughout, and sea salt on top. My mouth is salivating right now as I write this, mmmm. Just follow the recipe below and add the extra ingredients that you want to add to really make the cookies a chocolate lovers only cookie recipe to die for. It is so easy to prepare and fun too.
- 4 squares of unsweetened chocolate
- ¾ cup of butter
- 3 cups of sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 & ½ cups of flour
- Extra Ingredients: Bite-size Twix, Rolos, marshmallows, chocolate chips and chocolate heath bar toffee
For Chocolate Lovers Only Cookies Inside
For Chocolate Lovers Only Cookies
Making For Chocolate Lovers Only Cookies
Mix The Ingredients:
- Microwave 4 squares of unsweetened chocolate and ¾ cup of butter on High for 2 minutes in a large microwavable bowl, or until butter is melted.
- Remove from microwave and stir until chocolate is completely melted.
- Mix in 3 cups of sugar.
- Blend in 3 eggs and 1 teaspoon vanilla.
- Add 2 & ½ cups of flour. Make sure you mix in the flour well.
- Put the bowl in the refrigerator for about 1 hour to make the dough easier to handle.
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray baking sheets with cooking spray (or I prefer to use parchment paper for easy cleanup)
- Shape the dough into 1-inch balls. Place the dough balls 2-inches apart on the baking sheets.
- Bake for 8 minutes or until set (which means the edges of the cookie should be slightly firm or dry to the touch and the top of the cookie should no longer look wet).
- Remove from oven and cool on baking sheets for 1 minute.
Now here comes the fun part that I added to make these cookies truly a chocolate lover cookie:
- Add The Extra Ingredients: As soon as these cookies come out Add in Twix, Rolos, chocolate chips, or marshmallows as your chocolaty heart desires. You want to ensure the candies are pressed into the cookies before the cookies harden.
- Top off with toffee pieces and sea salt, mmm delicious
- Remove to wire rack and allow them to cool completely before putting them in storage containers or bags.
For Variety - If you wish to add a chocolaty topping to your cookies, do the following: Empty an 8 ounce tub of whipped cream (do not thaw) and 6 squares of semi-sweet chocolate into a microwavable bowl. Microwave the whipped cream and 6 squares of semi-sweet chocolate on high for 1 and ½ minutes or until chocolate is completely melted and mixture is well blended. Remove from microwave and wait 1 minute, then stir until chocolate is completely blended. Allow to thicken for 15 minutes. Spread over cookies. Let chocolaty topping firm before placing cookies in storage.
Enjoy with a hot cup of hot chocolate or your favorite beverage! Yum!
Special thanks to my wife for coming up with the For Chocolate Lovers Only Cookie recipe and for helping with writing this Hub.
Rate The For Chocolate Lovers Only Cookie Recipe
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2013 John Coviello