A cool treat at a picnic. Cole slaw that is frozen until it is needed. Easy to make, and a real treat on a hot day. Package into small containers before freezing and pull one out the night before you need it.
- 1 Head of Cabbage, Medium Sizr
- 1 Carrot
- 1 Green Pepper
- 1 Oinion
- 1 cup Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1 tsp Mustard Seed
- 2 cups Sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- Cut cabbage and onion.
- Mix with salt and let stand one hour.
- Mix the vinegar, water, mustard seed, celery seed, and sugar.
- Bring all this to a boil and boil one minute.
- Let cool until lukewarm.
- Cut up carrot and green pepper and mix with the cabbage.
- Pour the vinegar mixture over the cabbage, place in containers and freeze.