Fresh Tomato Soup Recipe
Delicious tomato soup begins with fresh tomatoes. Hopefully you have some tomatoes fresh from your garden, because nothing quite compares to the taste of a home grown tomato. If not, try to get some from your local farmers market rather than the supermarket. Now that you have your tomatoes, check to make sure you have the rest of the ingredients listed below, and let's start making our fresh tomato soup with this easy recipe!
- 4 large or 6 medium fresh tomatoes, peeled and quartered
- 2 stalks of celery, chopped
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 can (6oz size) tomato paste
- 3 cups water
- 4 Tbsp snipped fresh basil or cilantro
- 2 Tbsp chicken bouillon granules
- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar
- a few dashes Tabasco sauce
- In a large pot, combine all of the ingredients, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low. Simmer, covered, for approximately 25 minutes or until the onion and celery are tender.
- Remove the pot from the heat. Allow it to cool for 10 minutes.
- Pour your mixture into a food processor or blender (you may need to split this up into 2 or 3 portions depending on the size of your blender or food processor. Cover, and blend or process until your fresh tomato soup mixture is smooth. Repeat the process with the remaining portions if needed.
- Return the fresh tomato soup to your pot and heat the soup through.
- Garnish your soup with fresh cilantro or basil if desired.
- Serve and Enjoy!
|Serving size: 1 cup|
|Calories from Fat||0|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 0 g|
|Saturated fat 0 g|
|Unsaturated fat 0 g|
|Carbohydrates 12 g||4%|
|Fiber 3 g||12%|
|Protein 2 g||4%|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|