Being raised in the south I was raised on different types of dumplings and loved every minute of it! My favorite is blackberry or blueberry dumplings. I remember when I was little- begging my grandmother to make them. They are sweet, yet tart, and filling at the same time! They make a nice snack or dessert.
If you would like to learn how to make them please read on :)
- 1 Quart Favorite Berry: Blueberry, Blackberry, Cherry etc, Canned
- 1 cup Self Rising Flour
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- Gather all of your ingredients. You are also going to need a medium cook pot large enough to hold close to a half gallon.
- Over medium heat-pour berries into Kettle and sweeten them with the 1 1/2 cup sugar- or sweeten to taste. Bring berries to a boil. (if you can your berries with a small amount of juice you may need to add some extra juice)
- Take flour in seperate bowl- and add just enough water to make doughy get stiff.
- Then taking a spoon- spoon small spoon fulls of dough into the boiling berries.
- Let cook for 5 minutes. You dont want to let it cook too long as it will get kind of waxy.
- Serve and Enjoy