Fruit Pastry Twists
These pastry twists are very easy to make and you can get the kids involved also!
- 1 Pre Made Pie Crust OR Premade Crescent Roll Dough
- Jam - Any flavor you like
- sugar, to sprinkle on top
- cinnamon, optional
- Cut the pie dough or crescent roll dough into 1" wide strips (make rectangles of 2 of the crescent triangles by pressing edges together to form shape)
- Lightly butter each strip and spread 2 teaspoons of your favorite jam on top of the butter.
- Lay another bare strip on top of that and twist several times. Lightly brush melted butter on it and sprinkle with cinnamon or sugar.
- Bake in 425 degree oven on middle rack for 8-10 min. Watch closely so they do not burn. If desired you can line the baking sheet with foil or parchment paper in case jam oozes out and sticks to the pan.
- Serve hot or cooled. For breakfast, dessert or an after school snack!