- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Fruits Salad Recipe
Fruits Salad Recipe
I cook tales with too much metaphor
dredge words in too much flower,
Mix truth with lies and super-size
abstractions sweet and sour.
I double-boil mysteries
and reduce the residue,
'Til whodunits are a pasty fend
of well-done "it", and "who".
I tenderize my poetry
that simmers day and night,
In great quatrains of thyme-less broth
Until the bites are write.
For dessert I like a simile
served hot and à lle gory,
Steep leaves of me in imagery
and belch a finished story.
find more fun poetry at my author website: Charron's Chatter dot com!!
Recipe in Rebus
- 8 oz. Greek plain yogurt
- 2-4 TBSP. honey
- 1-2 pats butter
- Handful chives, diced
- Handful cilantro, diced
- Handful mint, diced
- finger-sized ginger root, peeled & grated
- 1 avocado, cubed into 1
- 1 lime or lemon, juice only
- 2-3 stone fruit, i.e. peaches, apricots, plums, nectarines
- 2-3 apples or pears
- 8 oz. grapes of choice, halved
- 8 oz. strawberries
- 8 oz blueberries
- 1 lime or lemon, juice
- basically any fruit you like except bananas! :), :)
How to Do It:
- First, prep all the herbs & avocado cubes. Wash, dry, and dice the cilantro, chives, and mint, reserving a few nice leaves for garnish. Render 1" inch cubes from the avocado & set all of these things aside for now
- Peel & grate the ginger.
- Melt butter over med-high heat.
- Add the ginger.
- Add honey to the simmering ginger.
- Cook a minute or 2, 'til it looks (and smells!) like toffee.
- Remove from heat. Squeeze a lil' lemon (or lime) juice in it now, and allow to cool a bit. Not too much, or it'll try to turn into candy.
- Once a bit cooler, add the honey/ginger mix to the plain yogurt, and stir.
- Add all the diced herbs to the dressing mixture now, and set aside.
- Dice all your freshly washed fruits into 1" inch cubes. Keep the soft whole berries and avocado cubes to one side, as they will be added the very last.
- Get a lil assembly line going....
- Gently "toss" the fruit cubes around in the dressing, add the avocado cubes and whole berries thereafter, and GENTLY mix these into the salad to avoid smoosh-ery...
- Pair with soup, sandwich, quiche or just enjoy it as is! :)