- Food and Cooking»
- Beverage Recipes»
- Spirits Recipes
Fruity Alcoholic Drinks
Summer is the time for fruity alcoholic drinks
Picture this, summer is here, you have just walked in from a tough day in the office. It's been 30 degrees and the air conditioning has been broken. You're not in the best of moods, but in you get home and your partner has a beautiful fruity cocktail, a barbecue going and a lovely soft seat in the garden to enjoy 3 more hours of sun!
Sounds good?... yes!
Now the big question other than what to have on the bbq? (We know the brits will have sausages, the Auzzies shrimp and the Americans chicken wings) Is what fruity alcoholic drink shall I have?
We will look at a selection of the best fruity alcoholic drinks for those long lazy days in the sun including
- Fresh Fruit Mojito - It is important to use fresh fruit to get the most intense flavour possible. This is one of my personal favourites
- Noon Wine - This herby fruity mix is wonderful on a warm afternoon. A very fragrant drink which takes a little bit of preparation, often known as white sangria.
- Legend of the Dragon Drink - This is a stunning cocktail using dragon fruit cocktail
Fresh Fruit Mojitos
Fresh Fruit Mojitos - Ingredients
- 7 Blackberries
- 7 Rasberries
- 4 Strawberries, diced
- 2 tbsp pomegranate seeds
- 25g Mango, chopped
- 25g Waterelon, chopped
- 25g Pinapple, chopped
- 5 slices Fresh Lime
- 2 tbsp sugar or sugar syrup
- handfull mint leaves
- 2 shots white rum
- club soda
- ice, crushed
- Take a big bowl, place all the fruit and the sugar into it. Using a muddler or the back of a metal spoon muddle it.
- In your long glass place the mint leaves on the bottom and squeeze the lime on top. Muddle this together. NB/ Make sure not to pulverise the mint leaves as this changes the flavour.
- Place the fruit Mixture on top. Place all of this into a cocktail shaker. Add the rum and crushed ice. Shake well until flavour is completely blended.
- Take tall cocktail glass pour mixture into it and top it up with soda. Add mint and a slice of fruit to garnish.
Noon wine - A wonderful fruity cocktail
Noon Wine Ingredients
- 60ml Elderflower Concentrate
- 3 tbsp Sugar
- 12 large Sage Leaves
- 1 bottle(s) (750 ml) Sauvignon Blanc
- 2 Peaches, ripe
- 65g Raspberries
- Get a bowl with a lid and stir elderflower concentrate, sugar, and sage leaves with 750ml of white wine. I like to use a Muscadet, but use your favourite
- Add the Raspberries and 2 slices of the peach.
- Leave to flavour for 2 hours.
- Take small cocktail glasses and pour to serve.
- Decorate with elderflower, lavender or another herb of your choice.
Legend of the Dragon Drink
This is my third and final recipe and I'll let the video do the talking. It is a really beautiful fruity alcoholic drink which accompanies nibbles well.