Garlic, Cheesy Toast Recipe
Vote for Toast!!
Your Nugget of Nutritional Info for this post:
Italian Parsley. Why it's good for you:
- “myristicin”--an organic compound found in the essential oil of parsley--inhibits tumor formation (especially in the lungs) It is also rich in antioxidants and includes
- “luteolin”, a ﬂavonoid that eradicates free radicals in the body that cause oxidative stress in cells.
All the Ingredients
Recipe in Rebus
- 1 package deli sandwich rolls, halved
- 1 stick butter or margarine
- dash olive oil
- ½ cup Parmesan, shredded
- ½ cup 4 Cheese Blend, shredded
- 1-1½ bulbs garlic, shelled & minced
- 1 bunch Italian parsley, diced
How to Do it:
- Hull Garlic. I do this by tapping it lightly with a mallet, then cracking off shell. Process bulbs in food processor, or mince finely.
- add cheeses, butter & dash olive oil to the mix, blending some more. Careful not to add too much oil, you only want to facilitate blending, not render the butter runny.
- Grasp parsley stems firmly in one hand, running the tines of a fork through the leaves with the other. This removes the leaves with a minimal amount of stem attached.
- Chop finely. TIP--do not food process parsley; the herb's water content renders it a pulpy mush.
- Halve sandwich rolls, and arrange them on a cutting board.
- Add dollop of butter to each, and spread evenly.
- Add spoonful of parsley to each. Then, using a sheet of wax paper, press herbs gently into butter mix. This prevents sticking.
- MOST IMPORTANT STEP: Now, place cutting board with breads on it in freezer for 10-20 minutes, to allow it to "set". This prevents the butter mix from sticking to the bags in which you will store the unused portions. If you want to make some toast right away, skip this step for the imminent toast.
- Wrap each bread individually, replacing in bread bag from store. Place in freezer, and now you have Garlic, Cheesy Toast at the ready! For days! For guests, even, and a nice thing about it, too, is that it thaws in minutes, if placed on a warm surface, such as a busy stove-top! (but not its element, of course)
- To toast: place under broiler until golden brown.