Garlic Kale Flat Bread
Bring in flavor to your bread. Can be used as a wrap or served with dipping oil or sauce, as an appetizer or a side. See "How to Serve" for more ideas.
- 2 Cups Flower
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 3/4 Cups Water
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Clove Garlic
- Italian Seasoning
- 1/4 Cup Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 Stalk Kale
- Combine flour and salt in a large bowl. Stir in water and 2 1/2 tablespoons of olive oil. Knead 10-12 times until dough is smooth. Add a little water or four as needed.
- Pour rest of olive oil (about 1/2 tablespoon) into a skillet on the oven. Add the garlic, Italian Seasoning, and kale. Cook on low-medium heat until garlic is lightly browned and kale is cooked.
- Add ingredients from step 2 plus mozzarella into the dough and knead the dough until smooth and ingredients are dispersed. Let rest for 10 minutes.
- Divide dough into 8 portions. Lightly flour surface and roll each piece into about 7 inch circles.
- Grease a non-stick skillet and cook each piece for 1 minute on each side, or until slightly browned. Serve as wraps or as dipping bread with sauce.
How to Serve
- Use as wrap: fill with ground Italian sausage, tomatoes, onions, and parmesan cheese
- Use as appetizer bread: either serve with a pasta sauce or dipping oil
- To use as appetizer, simply cut into 22 pieces instead of 8.
- Use as a side or appetizer and serve with hummus
- Use as a crust for thin, mini pizzas