Delicious Black Bean Salsa (AKA Cowboy Caviar)
Black Bean Salsa
AKA Cowboy Caviar
This is a type of salsa made with black beans, corn, and tomatoes. It also incorporates avocado, onion, and cilantro. This is a hearty salsa that is delicious salsa that is served with tortilla chips. It can also be served on tacos or as a topper for grilled chicken or tilapia. For a little more spice, you can add fresh jalepenos diced up.
- 2 15oz cans black beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 17oz pkg. whole-kernel corn, frozen
- 2 small cans rotel tomatoes, with cilantro & lime
- 1 large avocado, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3-4 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- to taste salt
- to taste pepper
- 2 medium jalepenos, diced (optional)
- 1 15 oz can black eyed peas, rinsed & drained (optional)
- In a large bowl (with a lid) mix all the ingredients together.
- Chill in the refrigerator overnight.
- Serve with tortilla chips as an appetizer. Also great on tacos or as a topping for grilled fish or chicken.