Easy Ginger Bread recipe
Hello there!! :)
My mantra of cooking has always been "easy to make and healthy to eat". This is a very easy ginger bread recipe which does not need too many ingredients and is prepared in no time, without much effort.
- 2 cups All purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 6-7 Tablespoons Oil, (I have used olive oil)
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tablespoon Ginger powder, (Dried)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla essence
How to go about it...
- First of all sieve the all purpose flour,baking powder and ginger powder and keep it aside.Sieving them together would be a good idea, as then the mixture would be uniform.
- Add oil to this mixture and mix it slowly, you will see that the mixture will soon have bread crumbles like texture.
- Beat the egg separately and add it to the mixture.Mix the contents well and you can add the vanilla essence.
- Knead the mixture till it becomes soft and smooth.At this point if it appears to be very dry then you can add a tablespoon of milk or water.If its hard then you might like to knead it a little longer. It hardly takes a minute or 2 of kneading but you can still use your food processor.I used my hands. :)
- Now put the dough in the refrigerator wrapped in a thin cling wrap, for about 30 mins.This step is not be missed.
- Take out the dough and roll it out with a roller pin.The thickness can be kept at 5mm. In my case I used my small cookie cutter to get different shapes.You can also try new designs, some of what I have tried I have posted in the pics.
- Put the shapes in a baking tray and keep it for baking for about 8-10 mins in a pre-heated oven at a temperature of 180 degrees..
- There you are!!! The ginger bread is ready to serve. It can be stored for atleast 1-2 weeks without refrigeration. Enjoy your easy ginger bread. :)
- You can use any oil of your choice, I've used olive oil.
- If you're using butter then you will have to melt it and you will need 6-7 tablespoons (same as oil used in the recipe).
- It is important to refrigerate the dough as this would absorb the extra moisture from the dough and also would help in cutting out shapes easily.
- When baking shapes of different sizes then do take care that the smaller ones gets baked easily.
- Do not over bake as this might make the ginger bread harder.