Ginger Scallion Tilapia with Tofu
Eat at least 2 times of fish a week, admonished health experts. The American Heart Association said it. Health researches point to the strong correlation between heart health and fish eating. Fish is versatile and it takes on the flavor of seasonings and you can create, permutate and invent many interesting variations with some imagination. In this dish, tilapia is used. It has half the calories of salmon and is low in sodium and rich in phosphorus and niacin as well as selenium, protein and vitamin B12. Toss in a few fat-busting ingredients like ginger, scallion and nutritious low-fat tofu, and you have yourself one simple healthy dish.
3 pieces of Tilapia
3 to 4 thumbs of ginger, julienne
2 stalks of scallion, shredded lengthwise
1 slab of silken tofu, cut into cubes
2 tomatoes, cut into wedges
Salt and pepper
Sauce (whisk the following together)
2 tablespoons of soya sauce
1 teaspoon of sesame oil
½ teaspoon of brown sugar
- · Season tilapia slightly with salt and pepper.
- · Spray 11” by 7” baking dish with fat-free spray.
- · Add one layer of tofu and tomatoes (save some for topping)
- · Lay Tilipia on top.
- · Add remaining tofu and tomatoes.
- · Sprinkle ginger and scallion on top.
- · Drizzle sauce over the tilapia.
- · Bake at 350 degree Fahrenheit for 20 to 25 minutes or until it bubbles.
brown rice. Enjoy! If you prefer fish soup,
just add one can of reduced sodium chicken broth to baking dish before you
bake. Increase baking time to half an hour.
Interesting Related Reads:
Fat-Whittling Foods: http://hubpages.com/hub/Whittle-Away-Belly-Fat
Fish goes well with salsa, try this salsa recipe: http://hubpages.com/hub/Nutritional-Value-of-Salsa--Salsa-Your-Way-to-Health