- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes»
- Soup Recipes
Healthy Soup Recipes: Ginger, Turmeric, and Beef Bone broth Soup
- You can add protein to this soup such as sliced beef or chicken
- homemade bone broth is best to use because of the nutrition and the flavor is superior as well
- Always slice garlic several minutes prior to using the garlic. When garlic is sliced, Alliin, an enzyme that is present in garlic but only released in the form of allicin when the cells are ruptured by cutting the garlic. Allicin is an antibacterial, and helps promote a balanced ph within the body.
- Do not wash the mushrooms under water prior to cooking. This causes mushrooms to become spongy in texture due to mushrooms naturally absorbing moisture. Instead use a food brush to brush off any dirt. A paper towel works as well. It is important to make sure you are purchasing organic mushrooms because you are not washing them. In addition, mushrooms are a root, all pesticides and herbicides either start in the soil or end up there. Root plants are especially exposed to these toxic chemicals.
- You can keep the chili pepper in the broth as long as you would like. The longer you keep it in the broth, the more of a kick the broth will have.
White Button Mushroom Health Benefits
- White button mushrooms contain digestive enzymes, B vitamins, protein and vitamin D2
- Like beef, white button mushrooms also possess CLA, conjugated linoleic acid, which has proven to help reduce belly fat and lowers high estrogen levels. High estrogen is linked to breast cancer.
- L-Ergothioneine is also found in white button mushrooms. L-Ergothioneine aids in getting rid of free radicals.
Collins, Danica. (2011) White Button Mushroom Health Benefits Have Been Uncovered. Underground Health Reporter. Retrieved from http://undergroundhealthreporter.com/mushroom-health-benefits-cancer/#axzz3wiGNezmB
Ginger Health Benefits
- Ginger can aid in fever reduction, opens sinuses and improves circulation to help remove toxins
- Possesses capsicum, helping to produce white blood cells in your lymphatic system to remove toxins. The beta carotene and antioxidants help to create healthy mucus membranes to fight off viruses
Turmeric Health Benefits
- daily use of turmeric has been thought to aid in digestion, liver function, arthritis pain and other bodily inflammation, and is a general immune system aid. There has been a large focus of research on turmeric's impact on eliminating cancer cells.
- turmeric is a general immune system booster and is used for headaches, colds, water retention, skin issues, pain, etc.
- curcumin in turmeric aids with alzheimer's disease
Turmeric. (2016). WebMD. Retrieved from http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-supplements/ingredientmono-662-turmeric.aspx?activeingredientid=662&activeingredientname=turmeric
Scientists Discover Coconut Oil Exterminates 93 Percent Of Colon Cancer Cells In Two Days | Collective-Evolution
- Scientists Discover Coconut Oil Exterminates 93 Percent Of Colon Cancer Cells In Two Days | Collecti
Colon cancer: it’s one of the most common cancers among both men and women, and although a number of natural remedies have been linked to the prevention of this disease, government health authorities are quick to mention that not enough research has
Coconut Oil Health Benefits
- coconut oil helps to reduce belly fat and reduce bad cholesterol levels.
- Good cholesterol levels are increased.
- the saturated fat in coconut oil helps to improve brain functioning
- coconut oil is full of medium-chain fatty acids that are metabolized differently allowing them to help covert stored fat into usable fuel, which also helps to reduce appetite.
- coconut oil kills harmful pathogens in the body
Green Onion Health Benefits
- Green onions are full of phytonutrients, which protect the body against cancer, cardiovascular disease, Alzheimer's. diabetes, and help the body maintain an ideal weight. This has been proven by the American Institute for Cancer Research and the Linus Pauling Institute.
- Green onions are high in vitamin K, a natural blood thinner. Roughly 22% of daily value in one stalk.
- High in vitamin C, 2.1% per stalk.
- High in vitamin A, helping vision
- high in antioxidants, which help with cellular repair
Kerns, Michelle. (n.d.). Benefits of Green Onions. SFGATE. Retrieved from http://healthyeating.sfgate.com/benefits-green-onions-7762.html
Kasper, Lynne Rossetto. (2016). Green onions: The unheralded, phytonutrient-rich super food. The Splendid Table. Retrieved from http://www.splendidtable.org/story/green-onions-the-unheralded-phytonutrient-rich-super-food
Spinach Health Benefits
- high in zinc, protien and fiber
- high in iron, magnesium, potassium, copper and iron. (almost all americans are magnesium and potassium deficient).
- high in vitamins A. C. E and K
Chili Pepper Health Benefits
- high in vitamin C and beta carotene
- possesses capsaicin, which helps with inflammation in the body, including conditions like arthritis or fibromyalgia
- high in vitamin A, E, K, and fiber
- Pain reliever
- immune system booster
- 4-6 cups homemade beef bone broth
- 2 cups filtered water
- 8 oz organic white button or baby bella mushrooms
- 1 chili pepper
- 2-3 fresh turmeric root
- 1 knob organic fresh ginger
- 6-8 cloves organic fresh garlic
- 4-6 organic green onions
- 1 handful (roughly 2 oz) organic fresh spinach
- 2 stalks organic celery
- 1 tsp organic cold pressed coconut oil (for the soup/broth)
- 2 tsp pink himalayan sea salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 3 tsp organic cold pressed coconut oil (to saute mushrooms)
- Start by preparing the ingredients. Slice turmeric root and ginger root into coins. Peel the garlic and roughly slice the garlic into large pieces. Slice the green onions and quarter the mushrooms. Dice the celery. Set green onions, mushrooms and celery aside.
- In a saucepan add two cups of filtered water. Add chili pepper. Add turmeric, ginger, and garlic. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer for 20 minutes. The longer you choose to simmer, the more fragrant and strong the flavor will be. You may need to add additional water during the simmering process if it evaporates. Covering with a lid will help reduce water loss.
- While the turmeric, ginger, and garlic are simmering, you can saute the mushrooms at medium high heat. Add 3 tsp of coconut oil to the pan before you add the mushrooms and let it heat through. The mushrooms really absorb the moisture in the pan so be sure to use the full amount of coconut oil.
- Once the mushrooms have browned, roughly 5-7 minutes, remove them from the pan and set aside. Add the celery to the pan and cook until soft, roughly 3 minutes. Remove the celery and set aside.
- Return to the saucepan of simmering turmeric, ginger, and garlic. Use a mesh strainer and pour the broth through the strainer and into a bowl. Add the strained broth back into the saucepan.
- Add 4-6 cups of homemade beef broth. Add salt, ground black pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. Heat thoroughly.
- Once heated, add the mushrooms, celery, and 1 tsp of coconut oil. Stir until coconut oil melts into the broth.
- Add the sliced green onions and spinach. Once softened, the soup is ready to serve.
© 2016 Healthy Habits