Gingerbread Man Recipe
With the aroma of ginger, cinnamon, and molasses the one cookie that says it is the holiday season is the Gingerbread Man cookie.
A Gingerbread Man is a rolled cookie (or rolled biscuit) that is usually cut into the shape of a human but can be cut in other shapes as well.
Cookies cutters are used to create the Gingerbread Man shape. It is possible to draw the shape of a Gingerbread man unto cardboard, cut out the shape. Lay the shape on top of the dough. Using a knife to cut around the shape.
A variety of cookies can be made with ginger cookie dough; fun shapes or create a ginger family: a Gingerbread Man, a Gingerbread Woman, and a Gingerbread baby.
Baked to a warm brown tint the cute Gingerbread Man cookies are decorated with candies, raisins, and at times icing. Gingerbread cookies are fun to make, decorate, and eat. Create memories by baking, cutting out, and decorating ginger cookies with candies and raisins.
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 3 tsp. double-acting baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ginger
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. cloves
- 2/3 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 1/3 cup shortening, melted
- your choice raisins, candies,etc, for decorating
- 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
- 2 tsp warm water
- Sift together flour, baking powder, salt, ginger, cinnamon, and cloves. Combine molasses, brown sugar, beaten egg, and melted shortening: then add flour mixture. Mix well: then refigerate for 1 hour.
- Roll out on lightly floured surface toabout 1/8" thickness: cut out with gingerbread man shaped cookie cutter. If using raisins, Make eyes , nose and mouth. Otherwise decorate after baking.
- Bake on greased cookie sheets at 375 degrees. 10 to 12 minutes, or till done. Cool on rack.
- For Frosting: Combine confectioner's sugar and water, and stir until smooth. Use with pastry tube to make bows ,buttons.etc.
The Gingerbread Man is a fairytale about a living Gingerbread Man that gets devoured by a fox.
Run Run as fast as you can you can't catch me I'm the Gingerbread Man..
The Gingerbread Man
More Hubs To See
- O Christmas Tree
The Christmas tree is one of the most loved holiday decoration. It holds a special place in our hearts and homes .German immigrants brought it to our country in the 1700's, although, most Americans did not adopt the custom until it became popular in