Glazed Eggnog Bread
Glazed Eggnog Bread
MMMM, I can smell my kitchen now... Do you have extra eggnog left over from your holiday celebrations? DON'T throw it out, even if it's getting a little bit "Wangy" (yea, it's a word in MY world) it will make the most amazing, moist, delicious Glazed Eggnog Bread you have EVER tasted.
- 2 1/4 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Nutmeg
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 Cup Granulated White Sugar
- 1 Cup Eggnog
- 1/2 Cup Butter, Melted
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 1/2 Teaspoon Rum Extract, (optional)
- EGGNOG ICING INGREDIENTS:
- 1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/4 Teaspoon Vanilla
- Dash Nutmeg
- 2 to 3 Teaspoons Eggnog
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease the bottom and 1/2 inch up the sides of a 9-by-5-by-3-inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the eggs, sugar, eggnog, melted butter, vanilla, and rum extract (if using). Add egg mixture to the flour mixture and stir just until moistened (batter will be lumpy).
- Spoon batter into the prepared pan. Bake for about 45 to 50 minutes. Check for done-ness by inserting a toothpick into the center of the loaf -- it should come out clean. Cool in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely on a rack.
- Prepare icing: Combine sugar, vanilla, and nutmeg. Stir in enough eggnog to reach drizzling consistency. Drizzle cooled loaf with icing. Grate a little bit of fresh nutmeg over the icing, then let icing set completely before wrapping loaf.
Glazed Eggnog Bread is by FAR one of my most favorite sweet breads. I make them almost every holiday season and they freeze very well for last minute additions to the table or for snacks.
They also make GREAT homemade gifts for friends and family... Nothing better than a gift basket with one of these loaves included!! Try them for yourself today - you'll be glad you did!
Enjoy and - HAPPY EATING!!!
© 2014 Laura Rash