Gluten-Free Asian Lettuce Wraps
Gluten Free Asian Lettuce Wraps - Delicious!
Gluten Free CAN be Great Tasting!
Prep time: 30 min
Cook time: 20 min
Ready in: 50 min
Yields: Serves Four People
- 2 Lbs Lean Meat such as Chicken Breast, Top Sirloin or Tenderloin. Try this with shrimp, too!
- 1/2 Cup Gluten-Free Tamari
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 3 Tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 6 Cloves Garlic, Sliced thin
- 3 each Green Onions, Green and White Parts
- 2 Tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1 Tsp Red Pepper Flakes, or to taste
- 1 Cup Fresh Cucumbers, Sliced thin
- 1 Cup Fresh Tomatoes, Sliced thin
- 8 each Green Onions, Grilled
- 1 Head Crispy Lettuce, Leaves separated
- 1 Tsp Sesame Seeds, Optional
- Tamari, Sugar, Rice Vinegar, Sliced Garlic, Sliced Green Onions, Sesame Oil, and Red Pepper Flakes in a large zip top bag.
- Add lean meat to bag and let marinate for two hours. Meanwhile, prepare fresh cucumbers, tomatoes, green onions, and lettuce leaves. Try to keep the lettuce leaves whole and as large as possible. These will serve as your wraps for the delicious marinated meat and fresh vegetables.
- Grill marinated meat until medium rare. Sprinkle with sesame seeds before serving. Grill whole green onions until charred. This allows the onions to mellow and taste sweet and mild!
- Slice grilled meat very thin and place on a serving tray. Serve with fresh cucumbers, tomatoes, green onions, and lettuce leaves. Fill a lettuce leaf with any amount grilled meat, cucumber slices, tomato slices, an grilled green onions. Fold lettuce to create a wrap and enjoy!