- Food and Cooking»
- Dietary Restrictions»
- Dietary Restrictions for Health
Gluten Free Chocolate Cupcake Recipe
Gluten Free Recipe Book
Rate This Recipe
- Prep time: 20 min
- Cook time: 20 min
- Ready in: 40 min
- Yields: 12 Cupcakes
About this Gluten Free Cupcake Recipe
I don't pretend to know anything about Gluten Intolerance or the health benefits of cutting Gluten from your diet sadly, I was simply asked to test out this recipe by Marks and Spencer recently as part of a review for my blog. And I must say I was very pleasantly surprised by just how great these gluten free chocolate cupcakes turned out. I had this idea in my head (call it naïve) that gluten free would taste different, or have a different texture at least to regular gluten cupcakes, but there was honestly no difference at all.
This recipe is super simple to make, it would be great if your looking for a recipe for the kids to help with too. And the end result is brilliant, the chocolate taste was so rich and moorish, and the frosting was amazing (obviously that could be used on any type of cake!).
They were possibly a tiny bit denser than regular cupcakes but that may also just be me not beating the butter enough, hand creaming is hard going so I would advise an electric whisk if you have one.
If you happen to have some general info on the benefit of cutting gluten from your diet please do leave it in the comments so I can learn a little more myself.
What you'll need to make your Gluten Free Cupcake Recipe
- 250g Unsalted Butter
- 250g Caster Sugar
- 4 medium Eggs
- 150g Gluten Free Flour
- 70g Cocoa Powder
- 180g Unsalted Butter, (for Frosting)
- 30g Cocoa Powder, (for Frosting)
- 150g Icing Sugar, (for Frosting)
- Chocolate chips or sprinkles, for decorating
How to make your Gluten Free Cupcakes
- Firstly set your oven to 180. Then cream together the 250g of butter with the 250g of caster sugar, until white and fluffy
- Beat in the eggs one at a time until the mixture is smooth and fully combined
- In a separate bowl sieve together the flour and cocoa powder, then gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet, folding the mixture together until combined
- Pop 12 cupcake paper cases into a cupcake baking tin and divide the mixture between the 12 cases. Then place in the centre of the pre-heated oven for 15-20 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean, then place them on a cooling rack
- When the cupcakes are completely cool you can make up your frosting by sieving the icing sugar and cocoa powder into the remaining butter and beating together until combined
- Frost your cupcakes and decorate with your chocolate chips or sprinkles
- Then sit back and enjoy, or share with friends
Looking for more Gluten Free Cake Recipes
- Chocolate Orange Cake: Egg Free, Cow Milk Free and G...
✔ Egg free, cow milk free, and gluten free--how can it have any taste? It is a recipe that you have to try to believe! This experiment has me looking forward to developing more egg free cake recipes.
- Recipe for a Gluten Free Wedding Cake
2 simple and delicious recipes for gluten free wedding cake. Chocolate cake with orange vanilla frosting and coconut cake.
- Gluten Free Cake Recipe | White Layer Cake
This page contains a recipe for a gluten free layer cake, as well as links to other gluten free recipes.
- Moist Almond and Orange Cake – A Gluten Free Cake ...
Not only is this cake an easy, delicious and moist almond and orange cake, but it is also gluten free cake recipe and a fat free cake – it must be a winner! These days, we need to use low fat cake recipes, but we still want to treat ourselves and thi