Fire Roasted Brussels Sprouts
High in Fiber and Delicious!
These Brussels Sprouts are sweet, nutty, and easy to make on your barbecue grill. No mess, no smell, no clean up! You can also place them in the oven at 350 degrees.
- 2 Lbs Fresh Whole Brussels Sprouts
- 12 each Pearl Red, Yellow, or White Onions, 1 small quartered onion works if you cannot find pearl onions
- 6 each Whole garlic cloves
- 2 tsp. Sea Salt
- 1 tsp. Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- 2 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp. Balsamic Vinegar
- Barbecue or Oven Temp 350 Degrees
- Spread a large sheet of heavy duty aluminum foil on the counter.
- Prepare Brussels Sprouts by washing, trimming, and cutting larger sprouts in half. Spread them in the center of the aluminum foil.
- Peel the pearl onions and garlic cloves. Leave them whole and place them on the foil with the sprouts.
- Sprinkle with garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Add olive oil and lightly toss by picking up the edges of the foil and gently shaking the contents about.
- Wrap loosely in foil and place on the barbecue or in the oven at around 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let steam in foil for ten more minutes. Some of the sprouts may stick to the foil and caramelize. Don't worry about that! It makes them taste even better. Just loosen them with a butter knife and enjoy the crusty bits.
- When ready to serve, place the delicious roasted veggies in a serving dish and sprinkle with balsamic vinegar and additional salt and pepper to taste.