- Food and Cooking»
- Dietary Restrictions»
- Dietary Restrictions for Health
Gluten Free Pizza Crust
Pizza... one of my favorite foods. After I had been gluten free for a while, my mom discovered that she was also gluten intolerant, so we really had to find a new pizza crust recipe. We finally found one that was our favorite.
In this recipe, it calls for powdered milk. You may omit it if you like. We found it works almost as well without it, but we still use it.
There is an odd ingredient in this recipe that you may think doesn't belong in a pizza crust recipe: unflavored gelatin. I have tried making the crust without the gelatin, but it doesn't really work. I hope you like the recipe!
- 1 tablespoon dry yeast
- 2/3 cup brown rice flour
- 2/3 cup sorghum flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 2 tablespoons powdered milk
- 2 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 2/3 cup water
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- Stir all dry ingredients together very well.
- Add water, sugar, oil, and cider vinegar to dry mixture. Stir very well.
- lightly knead dough and set to rise for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and bake crust for 10 minutes.
- Add your favorite pizza toppings and bake for 15 minutes. Enjoy!